Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Accidents involving commercial trucks often occur due to various reasons such as unsafe driving practices, fatigued drivers or driver’s unawareness of a truck’s blind spots. The size and weight of semi trucks like tractor trailers also add to the severity of the accident. These colossal vehicles can cause substantial physical and vehicle damage when involved in a collision with other vehicles on the road. It’s essential to know about these common causes of truck accidents, which further strengthen your truck accident claim when seeking rightful financial compensation.
Some statistics about truck accidents in Sacramento in 2023:
- As of August 25, 2023, there have been 524 truck accidents in Sacramento.
- Of these accidents, 106 resulted in injuries, and 7 resulted in fatalities.
- The most common type of truck accident in Sacramento is the rear-end collision, accounting for 40% of all accidents.
- The most dangerous intersection in Sacramento for truck accidents is the intersection of I-5 and I-80, with 27 accidents reported in 2023.
- The most common time for truck accidents in Sacramento is during the afternoon rush hour, between 4 pm and 6 pm.
- The most common causes of truck accidents in Sacramento are distracted driving, speeding, and following too closely.
These statistics are based on California Highway Patrol (CHP) data. The CHP defines a truck accident as involving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV). A CMV is a vehicle used to transport goods or materials with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,000 pounds or more.
The statistics show that truck accidents are a serious problem in Sacramento. They can cause serious injuries and fatalities, and they can also disrupt traffic and cause economic losses. There are a number of things that can be done to reduce the risk of truck accidents, including:
- Enforcing traffic laws. The CHP should enforce traffic laws, such as speed limits and distracted driving laws, to deter drivers from engaging in unsafe behaviors.
- Educating drivers. The CHP and other organizations should educate drivers about the dangers of truck accidents and how to avoid them.
- Improving infrastructure. Sacramento should improve infrastructure, such as roads and bridges, to make it safer for trucks to operate.
- Holding trucking companies accountable. Trucking companies should be held accountable for the actions of their drivers. The trucking company should be liable for the damages if a truck driver causes an accident due to negligence.
By taking these steps, we can help reduce truck accidents in Sacramento and make our roads safer for everyone.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Trucking companies and their insurance companies can be challenging to deal with after a severe truck accident. They might attempt to undervalue the truck accident claim or dismiss it entirely. Our experienced truck accident lawyer can assist you in dealing with the trucking company’s insurance company, ensuring you receive the full compensation you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, property damage, emotional trauma, and pain and suffering.
Pursuing Legal Action for Truck Accidents
California law provides the right for personal injury victims to seek legal representation and assert their rights. Our law firm can use the compiled evidence, including police reports, medical records, and witness testimony, to initiate legal action against the negligent party or parties. In most cases, these could include the truck driver, trucking company, or other drivers involved. The compensation obtained through these actions can make a difference in covering your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses.
The Role of a Truck Accident Lawyer
Our network of skilled attorneys has years of experience handling truck accident cases in Sacramento and can provide you with the support and guidance you need during this challenging time. We’ll give you a comprehensive overview of what you can expect when working with a truck accident lawyer in Sacramento and how our team at Advicase can help you get the compensation you deserve.